Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My Friend Cliff

Late last night, Tim Brown of Yahoo Sports reported on the "shocking turnabout" by which our Philadelphia Phillies acquired sexy lefty pitcher Cliff Lee. Hmph. Well, I guess the trade was shocking for those poor souls who aren't in Cliff's top 8. I, of course, knew this was coming, because Cliff and I are close like that. We're buddies. You know, confidantes. Lovers.


He just doesn't know it yet.


But in all seriousness, I will say this: When I, a truly unreliable source for all things sport, saw Cliff Lee in his Phillies uni for the first time, I knew that we had something good with this fella. And he pitched real good, too. So after Cliff's departure last year, while the rest of the Phillies phamily tried to move forward, I held good ole treinta y tres in my heart, knowing that someday he would be back.


The whole thing just goes to show you that sometimes Philadelphia doesn't know a good thing until it's gone. Like, I'm really starting to miss Carl Green and all those belly dancers. And evidently, so was Cliff.

No comments:

Post a Comment